Help end violence against women by walking a mile in her shoes.
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2017
Location: Upper Canada Mall
Registration will take place in the food court located between ToysRUs and Forever 21.
Shoes on: 8:30am
Start of Walk: 8:45am
For all questions or help registering please contact Rachael at:
905-709-0900 ext. 2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® is a fun-filled walk for families and corporate teams from across York Region. Walk a mile in high-heeled shoes, flats or flip-flops to break stereotypes, open minds and illustrate the challenges women face every day.
The 2017 Yellow Brick House Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® aims to raise $40,000 to provide women and children in York Region with a safe place to stay at our emergency shelters. Last year, at a critical time when support and safety were needed the most, 280 women and 295 children fleeing violence could not access a shelter bed.
Join your neighbours and co-workers for a walk you’ll remember!
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
Be part of an exciting and unique new event in York Region – the 2017 Yellow Brick House Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®! Currently held internationally across North America, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® has risen millions to stop rape, sexual assault and gender violence since 2001.
A fun community focused event raising funds to support the women and children in York Region that rely on the support at Yellow Brick House each year, the Yellow Brick House Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® offers sponsors:
- Extensive promotional opportunities
- Opportunity to market products and promote business directly to participants
- Fun engagement experience your employees will love
With one in four women in our community experiencing abuse, your support as a sponsor is vital in ensuring an end to violence against women. For the past 39 years, Yellow Brick House has been at the center of addressing the issue of violence against women in York Region.
We need you to walk a mile in her shoes and show your support of the women and children in York Region!
For all sponsorship or general inquiries please contact:
Senior Development Officer
905-709-0900 ext. 2255
Lead the way in helping to end violence against women and children.
- Highlighting your company’s generous support by sharing company stories on our event website, social media, and in our e-newsletter
- Strengthen the York Region community and boost company morale with this meaningful team building experience. Free registration for all company team members
- Connect directly with the York Region community with a customized on-site engagement station and samples included in participant swag bags
- Make a real difference by breaking stereotypes and opening minds as your company representative speaks from the podium and your corporate team leads the 2017 Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®
- Unique and meaningful team building experience. Free registration for all corporate team members
- Stand out and make an impression in the York Region community with your company logo featured on all event e-communication
- + All Advocate Sponsor level recognition and more!
- Connect directly with your target market through an on-site customized engagement station featuring company banner, signage and displays
- Reach a wide audience with your logo featured on hundreds of event posters distributed throughout York Region
- + All Community Sponsor level recognition and more!
- Deliver company branded samples and information directly into the hands of participants through the participant’s swag bags
- Logo featured on event website
- Make a meaningful difference by helping to end violence against women and children in our community