Yellow Brick House is Hiring 3 Summer Student Positions
We have 3 summer student positions available in the Richmond Hill office. If you know someone who would be a good fit for any of these positions, please ask them to forward their resume to the appropriate manager. These positions are funded by the Canada Summer Job Grant programs, and so the student must have been registered as a full-time student in the 2017-2018 academic year and be intending to return to school on a full-time basis in the 2018-2019 academic year.
Each position is funded for 8 weeks, starting no later than July 9 (an earlier start is possible).
Deadline for all Applications: No later than May 18,2018
The 3 positions are:
HR Administrative Assistant:
The student will have the opportunity to assist in creating the procedures and processes for the collection of HR files for new staff, as well as the structure and format for organizing electronic files. The student will be assisting with the updating of all HR and personnel files to electronic form, electronic filing, and review of individual files for completeness. Students enrolled in HR Management or Business Administration programs would be ideal.
Resumes to Laura Bowes firstname.lastname@example.org
Fund Development – Community Engagement:
The student will be responsible for creating and implementing a community engagement plan with the support of Community Engagement Coordinator. Tasks will include:
- Creating marketing and publicity materials for distribution at community events
- Connecting with event organizers to reserve a table or booth at community events
- Training and assisting volunteers to attend community and special events, engaging with event participants to raise awareness about Yellow Brick House and the community services we provide, promoting volunteer opportunities at Yellow Brick House, receiving donations and following up with connections made
- Building rapport and strengthening relationships with existing community partners
- Engaging and supporting volunteers
- Marketing and branding of the agency on social media by identifying stories to link to the organization’s social media accounts and posting about Yellow Brick House activities
- Manage media requests made through social media
The student will also provide leadership to community and corporate groups that donate their time to Yellow Brick House, coordinating project logistics, managing projects and overseeing group participants.
There is an opportunity for the student to experience activities and to complete tasks related to marketing, public relations, fundraising and volunteer management.
Resumes to Brad Lachowich email@example.com
Outreach and Public Education Assistant: HIRED
Administrative tasks for Community Counselling and Support Services includes filing and organization of files in our storage area. Additionally, support will be provided for the counselling team in carrying out their duties, i.e. photocopying and preparation of information packages for clients, assistance in food preparation for client group activities, etc.
Within the Public Education department, the student will be directly involved in the community by assisting in the planning and execution of community engagement activities and events that are targeting at the newcomer population and children and youth and youth. These event will be planned to have a particular focus on educating participants about healthy relationships, abuse and ensuring that citizens are aware of available safety resources and how and when to access them. We are particularly interesting in learning FROM the perspective of a young person in order to better engage with local youth in our community.
Resumes to Marie Lang firstname.lastname@example.org