How You Can Help
PLEASE NOTE: all donations must be delivered to Unit 4, 52 West Beaver Creek in Richmond Hill for security and health reasons. We appreciate your support and understanding in this matter.
Operating costs for Yellow Brick House are approximately $2.5 million each year. While we receive funding from the Ministry of Community and Social Service and United Way of York Region, we are still required to raise $680,000 of that on our own to remain operational.
There are many ways you can help. While financial donations are the fastest, most effective means of giving, we also encourage the community to fundraise, purchase items from our wish list and volunteer with our organization. Whichever way you decide to help — you will make an impact in the lives of thousands of woman and children.
For a variety of reasons, Yellow Brick House asks that all donated items be new. Exceptions will only be made for gently used and cleaned small household appliances. We sincerely appreciate your understanding in this matter!
URGENTLY NEEDED – November 12, 2013
- Ladies’ and children’s winter coats and boots
- Children’s skates
- Grab N’ Go snacks – Fruit cups, pudding, raisins, granola bars, cheese and cracker dips, apple sauces and other individually wrapped and easy to take snacks
- Small appliances ( toaster, kettle, coffee maker etc.)
- Pots and pans
- Lunch bags
- FOOD – all non-perishable
- GIFT CARDS – grocery gift cards (No Frills, Food Basics, Supercentre, Metro), WalMart, Target, Canadian Tire, Movie passes, Tim Horton’s, Subway, Pizza Pizza etc.
- Twin Bedding – fitted and flat sheets, as well as comforters
- Zone 1 Bus tickets
- Diapers 5-6 and pullups
- Shoes (women’s, children’s)
- Ladies’ undergarments
- Cleaning products
- Paper products – Kleenex, Toilet Paper and paper towels
- Saran Wrap, Ziploc Bags
Donations of furniture and large electronics are gladly accepted by Yellow Brick House for our clients on a regular basis, however, due to storage contraints, we are not able to store items on location. You may need to hold onto the item until a client can utilize your furniture donation. If you have items you wish to donate, please contact the office and let us know, and we will place the items on our donations list that is accessible to clients moving into their own homes. The clients may then contact you directly to arrange for pick up. Thank you so much for your continued support.