Be part of the international dance revolution rising up against the exploitation of women.
Join Yellow Brick House as we “Rise” in the form of dance with others all around the world on Wednesday February 14, 2018 in solidarity against the systems that cause violence: imperialism, fascism, racism, capitalism and neo-liberalism, women’s rights and gender equality. This year’s theme is “Solidarity to End the Exploitation of Women”.
Date: Wednesday February 14, 2017
Location: Locations coming soon.
If you can’t make it to our predetermined locations, then plan a “Rising” at your school, workplace, or group and send us your video footage for us to showcase as a part of the 1 Billion Rising movement and revolution!
For all questions or help registering please contact Marisa at: 905-709-0900 ext. 2239 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How you can RISE: Learn the “Break the Chain dance”
Learn the “Break the Chain dance” by following the steps in the video below. Gather your closest friends and learn it together!
Come practice your moves with us on Wednesday January 31 or Monday February 12, 2018 at our Yellow Brick House admin office (52 West Beaver Creek Rd. Unit 4, Richmond Hill). (Attendance at practice is not required to participate on February 14)
Plan a Rising at Your School or Company
Easy planning steps to follow:
- All “Risings” are to take place on February 14, 2018 – Select a time that the dance/rising will be completed at and determine a location within your school/workplace
- Recruit participants – promote event and opportunity within your school/workplace
- Provide link and access to dance routine for participants to learn on their own
- Encourage participants to wear black, red or pink on February 14
- Schedule at least one practice time prior to February 14 for those to come together to practice the routine – typically this is optional but that is up to you the organizer to determine
- Ensure you have the necessary equipment needed to play the “Break the Chain” song and that it is available at the location you have selected to complete the “rising”
- On February 14 at your selected time, Rise – We ask that you please film your “rising” and gain consent from participants to have video released to the V-day Campaign and on Yellow Brick House social media platforms and website
- Please send us the video and confirm consents given to re-share your video
“There can be no REVOLUTION without SOLIDARITY. We cannot call for system change – the change of mindsets, the change of structures, the change in consciousness, awareness and understanding of violence, the change in policies that affect women economically, socially, sexually, physically, emotionally, and the end of the revolving patterns of domination, oppression and exploitation – ALONE. SOLIDARITY IS RADICAL CONNECTION.” – Learn more about V-day events and 1 Billion Rising.